Wednesday, May 26, 2010


Martha: Porter - that's amazing! The stories I've heard of you from the newspaper reports were that you are a murderer and horribly vile. I couldn't believe that, though, from what I knew of you years ago. I just felt you have a good, straight heart.
Porter: Well, you know what I told the Vice President of the Unites States when he was in Salt Lake once? He was'a chastis'n the crowd from atop his second story balcony of the hotel about Mormonism, and he bad-mouthed me as a foul murderer. So I stepped through the crowd to where he could see me and hear me, and I yelled up to that no-good feller that "I never killed anyone that didn't need killin'". He packed his bags and headed East on the very next train, and never came back to Salt Lake City (chuckle chuckle).

No comments:

Post a Comment